Re: fakechroot + qemu user emulation

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 12:36:52AM +0100, Loïc Minier wrote:
> [...]
> > > $ cp /usr/bin/qemu-arm-static $ROOTDIR/usr/bin
> [...]
> > Definitely, this would be really useful.  Not being a qemu expert, I
> > missed how you told it to make schroot run qemu-arm-static; are you
> > using the command-prefix option or is this entirely transparent?
>
>  The cp-s above are how it's enabled in the chroot; when you install the
>  qemu-user-static package, it ships and registers:
>     /usr/share/binfmts/qemu-arm
>  which tells your kernel's binfmt-misc support that ARM ELF binaries
>  should be run via /usr/bin/qemu-arm-static.
>
>  This is essentially the same thing as the schroot script I provided in
>  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=604268

Ah, I see, thanks.  It's good to know that it can be made that
transparent.

BTW, now all the work on schroot for squeeze is done, I just set up a
1.5.0 development release on the schroot master branch, and I'll look
at getting your patch merged as soon as I find time.

Regards,
Roger
--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh