Re: fakechroot + qemu user emulation

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011, Roger Leigh wrote:
> > > $ cp /usr/bin/qemu-arm-static $ROOTDIR/usr/bin
[...]
> > $ cp /usr/bin/qemu-arm-static $ROOTDIR/usr/bin
[...]
> Definitely, this would be really useful.  Not being a qemu expert, I
> missed how you told it to make schroot run qemu-arm-static; are you
> using the command-prefix option or is this entirely transparent?

 The cp-s above are how it's enabled in the chroot; when you install the
 qemu-user-static package, it ships and registers:
    /usr/share/binfmts/qemu-arm
 which tells your kernel's binfmt-misc support that ARM ELF binaries
 should be run via /usr/bin/qemu-arm-static.

 This is essentially the same thing as the schroot script I provided in

Loïc Minier