Re: multistrap in native mode - howto switch configuration step off

Am 09.10.2011 22:08, schrieb Neil Williams:
On Sun, 09 Oct 2011 21:40:12 +0200
Marcus Osdoba<marcus.osdoba@googlemail.com>  wrote:

Is there a way to swich the configuration step off in native mode (I'm
using multistrap from stable-backports.)?

In that version, there is support for "native-hooks" which use the N
filename prefix. Hook scripts are called with "$dir start" arguments,
where $dir is the top level of the rootfs, before multistrap starts
configuring packages. [...]
Multistrap shouldn't start configuration itself. This might be done "outside" by some third party script/code/tool.

Hooks may disappear in time or may be replaced by other functionality
in future versions but I might get around to separating native unpacking
and native configuration at some point. Never did quite get time to
document the hooks and there's little point doing it now until the
replacement method has been thought out.

As mentioned here [0], some post-processing tool should handle this.

btw: I interpret your answer as: "No, there is no way to switch automatic configuration off in native mode - at least in this version."

Regards,
Marcus

[0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-embedded/2011/08/msg00021.html