Re: does this device run Debian?

On Mié 13 Jul 2011 16:56:03 Rob Bloemendaal escribió:
> Hello all,
>
> sorry for disturbing, I got a question:
>
> Can Debian run on mifi? because they say it runs on the linuxkernel, but I
> can't find a specification or source code from it? the only thing I found
> whas 1 coordinator who has a site on codeplex and a sdk with .net (linux
> <--> codeplex and.net???)

Hi Rob! For what I can read at the manufacturer's site, there is no way to
tell. No specification on the flash capacity nor the processor used is given.

Almost for sure you will need quite some space in the device to install Debian
in it, this may be solved with an SD card port / USB port with an external
storage device. You will need to boot from it, or boot a kernel stored in the
flash wich uses this device as rootfs.

Kinds regards, Lisandro.

--
<elruso> angasule: tenes el teletransportador encendido?
<gurtaj> :P

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/