Re: DynaLoader issue with perl 5.12 on armhf when using fakechroot

Hi,

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 04:24:01PM +0200, Dominique Dumont wrote:
> Perl's dynaloader behavior is specified in Dynaloader(3pm) man page. It may
> help you understand the issue you're facing. Have you read this one ?
Yes, but if there is anything inside that will solve my issue please
point me to it, because I failed to make it out.

The manpage was also not helpful in figuring out the origin of the error
message and what the version mismatch actually implies or how it could
occur. Googling will only show people suggesting that the perl install
must be broken and one should reinstall.

The error is produced by dl_install_xsub(). I was also looking at the
perl sourcecode itself but could not make the connection to the error
message.

> If you get no answers from debian folks, you'll probably have to ask the perl
> community. Either perl5-porter or perl monks.
Thanks for the info! I will do so if I dont manage to find the solution.

This is a shot in the dark but I diff'ed Config.pm and Config_heavy.pl
between armel and armhf rootfs and found that the armhf versions, in
contrast to the armel ones were lacking entries like
/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi and /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi in libpth or
libspath and other variables connected to shared library paths. Could
this be related to my problem?

Thank you for your time

cheers, josch