Re: Set of packages installed by Multistrap

On Fri, 17 Jun 2011 20:24:57 +0900
"NODA, Kai" <nodakai@gmail.com> wrote:

> So I'm asking the developer of multistrap about which packages are choosen
> to be installed by multistrap, or, from what criterion multistrap chooses
> the packages to install.

The packages= setting in the configuration file.

The set of packages for debootstrap is determined dynamically. See new
section on the wiki:

http://wiki.debian.org/Multistrap#Comparison_with_debootstrap

> I've checked "man multistrap" and http://www.emdebian.org/multistrap/
> but couldn't find such information.

http://www.emdebian.org/multistrap/
Specify a package to extend the multistrap to include that package and
all dependencies.

Also the "Restricting package selection" section of the manpage.

http://wiki.debian.org/Multistrap#Grip.2BAC8-Debian_example

> BTW, currently I'm not going to use something called "Embedian Grip"
> as it brings another uncertainty to me, but if multistrap is supposed to be
> used with the "Grip" variant rather than the standard Debian, I will gladly switch to it.
> But then I have to know the exact set of packages available in the "Grip" variant...

http://www.emdebian.org/grip/search.php

Most packages which are Priority:required in Debian exist as
binary-compatible alternatives in Emdebian Grip. If there are some
omissions, you can use apt-grip from the emdebian-grip package to
create the necessary packages, put those into a local repository and
add that repository (with the list of package names) to your multistrap
config file as a new section.

http://www.emdebian.org/emdebian/flavours.html

> $ cat armel.conf
> [General]
> noauth=true
> unpack=true
> debootstrap=Debian
> aptsources=Debian
> arch=armel
>
> [Debian]
> source=http://ftp.jp.debian.org/debian
> keyring=debian-archive-keyring
> components=main
> suite=testing

There's no "packages" line in that Debian section. You appear to have
dropped that on the assumption that a lot of the examples have an empty
packages field.

http://www.emdebian.org/multistrap/examples.php

If using Squeeze or later, then you'll likely need to add apt to the
packages line or it won't be installed. apt was taken out of
Priority:required before the Squeeze release.

Compare with /usr/share/multistrap/sid.conf