Re: Is emdebian repo broken?

On śro, 2011-06-01 at 09:34 +0100, Neil Williams wrote:

> All the effort needs to go into developing a replacement mechanism
> where the cross-compiler toolchains can be built ALONGSIDE the new
> compiler versions by the Debian buildd infrastructure because then those
> packages become subject to the normal Debian Policy which includes RC
> bugs, delayed transitions and a whole team of people interested in
> fixing the thing to allow their own work to proceed. It is a difficult
> thing to get working and it requires a large investment in time. The
> time to do that is right now, outside of a release cycle. It also
> needs to take the whole Multi-Arch transition into account. The time to
> think about cross-compilers for Emdebian testing is when testing becomes
> important - during a freeze. There is no time left to worry about
> cross-compilers in unstable.
>
> Right now, nobody cares about cross-compilers in unstable because we
> don't have time to waste.

What about cross-toolchain project at alioth? I am working on getting my
Ubuntu cross toolchains working in Debian:

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/cross-toolchain.git;a=summary

They build, they work. Status is on wiki page:

https://wiki.linaro.org/MarcinJuszkiewicz/Projects/MergeCrossToolchainIntoDebian

I do not provide packages for Debian but if someone wants I can share
results of my recent builds.