Re: Installation of Emdebian cross development tools on a Ubuntu host

2011/4/18 Hector Oron <hector.oron@gmail.com>:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> Keeping mail on-list it is always much preferred.
Argghhh!!! It was supposed to have gone to the list,  but I must have
done a reply instead of reply-all.  Arrgg!

> 2011/4/18 Patrick Doyle <wpdster@gmail.com>:
>> On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 5:17 AM, Hector Oron <hector.oron@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> Ubuntu is shipping its own toolchain version for armel, Marcin creates them.
>>>
>> How would I install that?  This didn't work:
>>
>> $ sudo apt-get install linux-libc-dev-armel-cross libc6-armel-cross
>> libc6-dev-armel-cross binutils-arm-linux-gnueabi
>> gcc-4.4-arm-linux-gnueabi g++-4.4-arm-linux-gnueabi
>> [sudo] password for wpd:
>> Reading package lists... Done
>> Building dependency tree
>> Reading state information... Done
>> E: Couldn't find package linux-libc-dev-armel-cross
>
> It works for me, I have no idea, maybe Marcin can help here?

Am I supposed to add the

deb http://www.emdebian.org/debian/ squeeze main

line to my sources.list?  I've been under the impression that mixing
Debian repositories with Ubuntu repositories wasn't a good idea, and
have been attempting to figure out how to install the cross
development tools without that repository.

Perhaps that is the source of my problem.  (Although, when I tried
that, I still had the libmpfr4 problem).

--wpd