Re: Embedded and ARM Debian Sprint

Hello,

2010/11/11 David Madden <dhm@mersenne.com>:
> On 11/11/2010 08:29 AM, Bill Gatliff wrote:
>
>> 1. I love the idea of a Debian system based on uClibc rather than
>> glibc.  But I know that's a lot harder than it sounds.
[...]
> So anyway, OpenWRT might be a good place to look for inspiration.

I agree, OpenWRT is great tool (inspired on buildroot), it has always
worked for me on a variety of devices. It does support glibc, uClibc,
EGlibc,... It's menuconfig environment is quite modular.

Would it make sense to base on those projects (OE/yocto,
OpenWRT/buildroot,..) to bring up an Emdebian/Crush (!= Debian)
distribution?

I am still quite convinced that best approach to follow for
Emdebian/Crush is the use of cross compilable udeb packages to build
up custom initrds and user lands. (note: I believe there was some
effort to make udeb packages upgradeable).

Best regards,
--
 Héctor Orón

-- Day DVB-T stop working nicely