Re: Arm Elf Toolchain

Hi,

Binutils builds fine as far as I can tell. However the gcc fails to
build. These are the commands I am using,
        GCC_TARGET=arm-elf DEB_CROSS=yes fakeroot debian/rules control
        DEB_CROSS_NO_BIARCH=yes GCC_TARGET=arm-elf DEB_CROSS=yes
        dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc fakeroot
The problem seams to lie, near the end of the build process.
        dh_installdirs -pcpp-4.3- usr/share/doc usr/share/man/man1
        usr/bin usr/lib/gcc//4.3.5
        DH_COMPAT=2 dh_movefiles -pcpp-4.3- usr/bin/-cpp-4.3
        usr/share/man/man1/-cpp-4.3.1 usr/lib/gcc//4.3.5/cc1
        dh_movefiles: Compatibility levels before 5 are deprecated.
        dh_movefiles: debian/tmp/usr/lib/gcc//4.3.5/cc1 not found
        (supposed to put it in cpp-4.3-)
        make[1]: *** [stamps/08-binary-stamp-cpp] Error 1
        make[1]: Leaving directory
        `/home/chris/Packaging/ArmElfToolchain/emdebian/gcc-4.3-4.3.5'
        make: *** [binary] Error 2
        dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules binary gave
        error exit status 2
The file cc1 does exist but its path is
debian/tmp/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.3.5/cc1 . Also an unrelated
problem, the control file has the binutils dependency as binutils- not
binutils-arm-elf.

However this at the moment will not produce a toolchain capable of
compiling the LeJOS firmware. The src/gcc/config/arm/t-arm-elf file can
be used to enable support for the following options:
    marm/mthumb (arm or thumb code generation)
    mlittle-endian/mbig-endian (little or big endian architectures)
    mhard-float/msoft-float (hardware or software fpu instructions)
    mno-thumb-interwork/mthumb-interwork (arm-thumb modes interworking)
    mcpu=arm7 (arm7 targets without hardware multiply)
LeJOS needs the mno-thumb-interwork/mthumb-interwork bit enabling. This
requires the uncommenting/amending two lines in the t-arm-elf file, how
should this be done? I notice that there are specific targets in the
rules and rules2 files, should I create a target for the arm-elf
architecture?

Thanks,

Chris