Re: Arm Elf Toolchain

Thanks for taking the time to reply. To elaborate, I am looking in to
making a package for the LeJOS NXJ Project
( http://lejos.sourceforge.net/ ), its a replacement firmware and api
for the Lego Mindstorms NXT microcontroler. I would like this package to
be available to normal users, it really needs to be in the main Debian
repositories. I have been following the Lejos Developers advice on how
to compile the correct toolchain so that the package can compile the
custom firmware for the NXT.

The toolchain is built for the arm-elf target. I have successfully built
the toolchain but I am having problems packaging it. These are described
below. On top of this the toolchain needs to be built exactly as
upstream build it. Otherwise size problems could emerge and make the
firmware unusable. The script upstream use to build the toolchain is
attached.

Does this change the approach you would suggest? Is there any packages
you would recommend looking at for reference as I am a bit lost at the
moment?

Thanks,

Chris