Re: No installer menu, so cannot select preconfiguration file

On 8 September 2010 09:20, Jason Heeris <jason.heeris@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...and still no menu. Do I need to put something in syslinux.cfg?

*sigh*

Turns out, the procedure involving "zcat boot.img.gz > /dev/sdX" has a
completely different result to the "flexible way" instructions at
http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/ch04s03.html

Using the zcat method seems to work, for now, although it refuses to
proceed after failing to get DHCP info (even if I cancel it, just an
empty blue screen). I won't retype a screenful of trace info, but the
first line is

WARNING: at arch/x86/kernel/pci-dma.c:488 dma_free_coherent+0x42/0xa4()

So I'll try installing normal squeeze and moving over to grip if space
is an issue. Thanks for all your help Neil :)

One question... If there is a package in squeeze and in emdebian of
the same source version, and I switch apt archives, will the emdebian
one be preferred?

- Jason