Re: emdebian.org disaster recovery

* Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> schrieb:

> git doesn't support locking of binary files (like .png) and is
> therefore not suitable.

Locking ?!

> Tools for the kernel team are not automatically
> suitable for smaller teams like Emdebian.

I'm using it also for very small (one-man) projects, since it eg.
supports important concepts like _sane_ (*1) branching and rebasing,
interfacing to lots of other VCS'es, easy synchronization, etc, etc.

Actually, I dont see any technical reason to use anything else.

> Besides, the SVN history yet may be recoverable and disaster recovery
> is NEVER a sensible time for either religious wars or change for the
> sake of change.

It's an technical, not an religious issue. SVN simply supports only
very basic things and is very slow - limits by the underlying data
model (which already was obsoleted somewhere in the last century).

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weigelt@metux.de
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666