Re: Do we need -dev packages

> On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 9:28 AM, Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:
>>
>> Another decision for Grip - do we need to support building packages on
>> device with Emdebian Grip?
>>
>> How many people use the dev, debug, doc or java components.
>>
>> --
>>

>> Neil Williams
>> =============
>> http://www.data-freedom.org/
>> http://www.linux.codehelp.co.uk/
>> http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/

We, build our whole system from within grip, not cross-compiled.

So yeah we use -dev packages. As I recall (it's been awhile), the -dev
packages wouldn't install nicely because they rely on the non-gripped
packages, but because the grip ones are installed apt doesn't like it.
But because embedian grip is so great! we haven't done anything but
apt-get update/upgrades since we got grip & our -dev packages
installed.

thanks,
Paul