Re: Do we need -dev packages

My project makes use of -dev packages.  Specifically, we use these in conjunction with a target NFS image that supports far more stuff than we deploy in our actual flash image.

As such, we are currently not using Grip, but rather the full Debian mirror packages, along with script based stripping of doc/man/locale in a script that runs on target following configuration of the root fs packages (root fs prepared with multistrap).  I resorted to this so that I wouldn't have multistrap errors over mismatched package names when -dev packages call for dependencies and find packages with Grip variant names.

Our approach to a final flash image is a little unique in that we use our own "baking" method to choose exactly what ends up on flash.

-Jim