Toolchain mini-update (was Re: multistrap test)

Hello,

> Another small thing:
> On this new PC with Squeeze I tried to install the arm gcc eabi
> compiler:
> sudo apt-get install gcc-4.4-arm-linux-gnueabi
> it results in unmet dependencies (libgcc1-armel-corss &
> libc6-dev-armel-cross)

Could you try to install in this order

$ apt-get install gcc-4.4-arm-linux-gnueabi-base linux-libc-dev-armel-cross \
   libgcc1-armel-cross libc6-armel-cross libc6-dev-armel-cross \
   binutils-arm-linux-gnueabi gcc-4.4-arm-linux-gnueabi

They you can try to fetch g++, gfortran and the rest of dependencies.

Should work either on stable and unstable (for armel). Beware testing
migrations are not being taken (yet).

This and more documentation is to be found at
  http://wiki.debian.org/EmdebianToolchain

For building details, I usually do builds at
  http://www.emdebian.org/~zumbi/toolchain/

We are working towards integrating cross and native targets (in Debian
land), there is quite work todo and some bugs to fix on biarch
architectures. Details in the wiki page (see Limitations).
Toolchain development is being discussed and developed within Debian,
Ubuntu and Emdebian.

While official tools focus on integrating the bits within official
Debian packages and in multiarch terms, I also plan to build
non-multiarch sysrooted toolchains at some other place which will be
announced in this list when done.

If someone would like to join (toolchain development), let me know. If
you got questions or comments, please let me know.

PS.
  Apologies for taking me so long to write an update on this topic and
also for this short note but I just wanted to let you know that work
is slow but progressing.

Kind regards,
--
 Héctor Orón