Re: Emdebian Grip Baked (Lenny)

On 10/05/10 9:48 PM, Neil Williams wrote:
> On Mon, 10 May 2010 18:46:58 +1000
> "Brendan Simon (eTRIX)" <brendan.simon@etrix.com.au> wrote:
>

>> On 10/05/10 2:11 AM, Neil Williams wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.emdebian.org/baked/pool/
>>>
>>> http://www.emdebian.org/baked/dists/
>>>
>>> amd64, armel, i386, mips, mipsel & powerpc
>>>
>>> 78 binary packages. 61 source packages (unchanged).
>>>
>>> List of packages passed to apt:
>>> dash snmpd dropbear openssl dhttpd lighttpd apache2
>>>

>> I think we also need:
>>     ifupdown, net-tools, inetd, iproute, iptables
>>
> Adding packages to the current repo is hard. (Harder than actually
> preparing the initial set.)

Oh.  That I didn't expect :(
What is the reason for that ??  So, I guess my presumption that just
running emgrip on a desired package to produce a baked packages is
incorrect then ??
Is it something to do with generating the Release of Contents-<arch>.gz
files ??

>> Are the rc*.d directories supported with Baked ??
>>
> Not unless one of the packages already selected creates them or your
> multistrap config scripts create them.

OK.  So we may also need some of :
    sysvinit, sysv-rc, sysvinit-utils, initscripts, insserv

So, given it is hard to add packages to the baked repo, is it feasible
to start afresh and add all grip packages ??

-- Brendan.