Re: Emdebian Grip Baked (Lenny)

On Mon, 10 May 2010 18:46:58 +1000
"Brendan Simon (eTRIX)" <brendan.simon@etrix.com.au> wrote:

> On 10/05/10 2:11 AM, Neil Williams wrote:
> > http://www.emdebian.org/baked/pool/
> >
> > http://www.emdebian.org/baked/dists/
> >
> > amd64, armel, i386, mips, mipsel & powerpc
> >
> > 78 binary packages. 61 source packages (unchanged).
> >
> > List of packages passed to apt:
> > dash snmpd dropbear openssl dhttpd lighttpd apache2
> >

> I think we also need:
>     ifupdown, net-tools, inetd, iproute, iptables

Adding packages to the current repo is hard. (Harder than actually
preparing the initial set.)

> Are the rc*.d directories supported with Baked ??

Not unless one of the packages already selected creates them or your
multistrap config scripts create them.

Baked relies on using the configscript and setupscript fields in the
multistrap config file:

from multistrap (1)

The old packages.conf variables from emsandbox can all be converted
into multistrap configuration variables. The machine:variant support in
multistrap concentrates on the scripts, config.sh and setup.sh

Once multistrap has unpacked the downloaded packages, the setup.sh
can be called, passing the location and architecture of the root
filesystem, so that other fine tuning can take place. At this stage,
any operations inside the rootfs must not try to execute any binaries
within the rootfs. As the final stage of the multistrap process,
config.sh is copied into the root directory of the rootfs.

One advantage of using machine:variant support is that the entire
rootfilesystem can be managed by a single call to multistrap - this
is useful when building root filesystems in userspace.

To enable machine:variant support, specify the path to the scripts to
be called in the variant configuration file (General section):

 [General]
 include=/path/to/general.conf
 setupscript=/path/to/setup.sh
 configscript=/path/to/config.sh

(Note: whilst writing this I found some typos in the multistrap manpage
- the above should be correct. Check with --simulate.)

http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/