Re: Is emsandbox useful anymore?

Hi,

>> 2. Migrate some files into emdebian-tools - the state of the toolchains
>> makes it hard to see how to fix the empdebuild script that uses the
>> other half of emdebian-rootfs (which supported empdebuild). AFAICT it
>> isn't possible for empdebuild --create to complete without manual
>> intervention.

Maybe you could use emulation to finish or is it a different issue?

Anyway I might be missing some bits, but I wanted to suggest about
empbuilder, it makes no sense to me, but an option on Debian's
pbuilder & sbuilder & friends (-a $arch) makes more sense if not
already there.

>> 3. Start to strip out scripts like 'emsetup' and 'emchain' which are
>> also fairly broken. These scripts won't survive the removal of
>> apt-cross and, again, AFAICT don't actually complete at the moment
>> anyway.
>
> The function 'check my cross-toolchain is installed and works' is a
> useful one. emsetup could perhaps be kept for this purpose? I've had
> to explain to someone only this week how to check that. Having
> 'build-cross-essential' is probably helpful here too.

I am happy with the removal of emsetup and emchain, also removing
emdebian-tools functionality of adding emdebian unstable sources.list
will make me happier as it has caused some trouble on lenny.
I think I can maintain within toolchains a 'check my cross-toolchain
is installed and works' function, via build-cross-essential or
gcc-cross-defaults.

Best regards,
--
 Héctor Orón