Re: emdebian generated build directories and files

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 14:50:08 +0100
"Hoefle Marco" <Marco.Hoefle@nanotronic.ch> wrote:

> >> Is it possible that all generated files are in the bld folder? Our
> >> source package repository is full with stuff which shouldn't be
> there.
> >> So for example fpgaloader.grip should be in the bld directory.
> >
> >Use 'dcmd' to pick out the files relevant to the .changes (and/or
> >the .dsc) and move them to where you want them once emdebuild has
> >finished.
> >
> >(This is how svn-buildpackage and others do the same job.)
> >
> >$ dcmd ls foo.changes
> >$ dcmd cp foo.changes path/
> >
> >The standard method in Debian is that the results of the build are put
> >into ../ so that ./ can be cleaned out.
>
> Hello Neil,
> Thanks for your very quick reply.
> it worked for most of the files, I tried dcmd mv ../fpgaloader*.changes
> ./bld

That copies all the broken files too - you should be more careful about
which files are moved and specify the version and architecture in the
fullname of the .changes file.

Otherwise your build system will break other configurations or under
other conditions.

> fpgaloader.grip and fpgaloader*_arm.build do still remain in ../
> I am looking for a more general approach, if possible. For example it is
> still required to know the file ../fpgaloader*.changes
> It is a bit better then doing a mv ../fpgaloader* /bld

There is no general approach. The helpers like svn-buildpackage know
what version is being built and therefore construct the name of
the .changes file to pass to 'dcmd' and the helper also knows if a
build log was created and can move that using the same metadata
obtained from the build itself.

This isn't something emdebuild can support. The Debian way is to put
everything into ../

http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/