Re: can not install cross toolchain

Hello Wookey,

2010/2/16 Wookey <wookey@wookware.org>:
> Unfortunately Ubuntu is not compatible with Debian in the toolchain
> area. They made some changes to how the compiler is built (to do with
> libssp IIRC) which mean that toolchains built for Debian don't install.

I have installed 'lenny' cross toolchain in an Ubuntu environment
without any issue. Toolchain binaries are independent from system
binaries. :-)

> This is very tiresome, but no-one has volunteered to maintian
> ubuntu-style cross-toolchains yet so far as I know. It would be nice.

Currently, for next release work we are sharing efforts. See Loïc
Minier (lool) ppa at launchpad,
  https://launchpad.net/~lool/+archive/ppa
They enable smash stacking protection and they might default to armv7
(I do not know this for sure, but karmic is armv7). So work it is in
progress to fit multiarch, sysroot, and fullfil all debian/ubuntu
architectures plus exotic ones. It is just a matter of free time
dedicated to this goal.

Cheers,
--
 Héctor Orón