Re: emdebian toolchain hello world problem

Zachár Balázs wrote:

> Neil Williams wrote:
>> On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 09:30:28 +0100
>> Zachár Balázs <bzachar@direkt-kfki.hu> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a pxa270 based board...
>>>
>>> I already compile a new kernel to my board with emdebian's cross toolchain and it works properly!
>> arm or armel?
>
> arm
>
>>> # /tmp/test_init
>>> Illegal instruction
>> Sounds like the kernel architecture doesn't match the system|glibc
>> architecture.
>>

> You are right, but thats why I compiled it to static...

Now I am using the new kernel with an old system (original) (I want to change to a new system but the Busybox's init crash so I tried a simple init like "Hello world";sleep(999999), but it fails too)...
So I would like to try the "Hello world!" on the old system... So I compiled it with the emdebian's toolchain (which I use when I compiled the new kernel) to statical linked binary but it didn't work
(see above)...

So, where is the problem?

regards,
Balázs Zachár