Re: [RFC] [Cross Toolchain] Multiarch and sysrooted toolchain

Hello Simon,

> install anything but libraries and headers into /usr/<triplet> -- so I
> don't think there is a pressing need to replicate a filesystem hierarchy
> standard below a triplet directory.

That is what GNU people expect when building cross tools, they use a
switch called sysroot for it and it is the recommended way to build such
cross tools.

~/toolchains/binutils-2.18.1~cvs20080103/ld$ ./configure --help | grep
sysroot
  --with-sysroot=DIR Search for usr/lib et al within DIR.

* Added --with-sysroot configure switch to specify a target system root,
for  linking against a target filesystem image.

But, this might need to be patched if we want to have multiarch support.

Cheers