Re: locale?

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 18:49:19 -0700
Paul Thomas <pthomas8589@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using a grip-lenny-armel system. This isn't a big deal, but I keep
> getting locale warnings from perl when I run apt-get like this:

locales is not necessarily installed in Grip but it is available for
installation and then configuration.

> locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
> locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
> locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory

Either generate the default manually (as described by Gabriel) or
instal locales, configure it and let locales do it for you.

> I googled this and several people have solved this problem by doing
> "dpkg-reconfigure locale", but that doesn't change anything for me. If
> I just run locale I get this:
>

> Should I worry at all about this? Can I turn off the warnings? Can I fix locale?

You could also just set all the mentioned variables to 'C':

export LANGUAGE=C
export LC_ALL=C
export LANG=C

http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/