Re: insserv nonsense breaking multistrap in Squeeze

On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 13:58:48 +0100
Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 12:37:25PM +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
> >Setting up insserv (1.12.0-14em1) ...
> >Setting up netbase (4.37em1) ...
> >insserv: Service mountkernfs has to be enabled to start service
> >networking insserv: exiting now!
> >update-rc.d: error: insserv rejected the script header
> >dpkg: error processing netbase (--configure):
> > subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit
> >status 1
> >
> >This is after unpacking and then just running dpkg --configure -a
> >
> >Re-running dpkg --configure -a fixes the problem, so it's a chain
> >issue, but which package?
> >
> >Is this something to do with dependency-based boot and how is it fixed?
> >
> >Just starting mountkernfs.sh from invoke-rc.d doesn't help.
>

> Yes, insserv _is_ about dependency-based booting, and this looks very
> much like problems in a transition/activation/update of that.
>
> I would suggest to file a bugreport against insserv and see what Petter
> Reinholdtsen have to say about it.

I would, except netbase works within a normal debootstrap of squeeze (I
suspect this would be part of the testing of things like this already),
so there must be something else going on within multistrap.

It's either a preinst issue or a missing package.