Re: [Openocd-development] Cross compiler for ARM7 bare metal

+++ Jon Smirl [2009-10-08 17:33 -0400]:
> Can someone help me out and point me to a working cross toolchain for
> arm7tdmi with uclibc or equivalent on Linux? I've got a working glib
> setup but it keeps linking in 900KB of run-time code.
>
> I've spent all day searching and playing with buildroot and I can't
> achieve a working environment.

Debian-embedded people have done a fair amount of work to make uclibc
toolchains. There are various options but I'm not sure any of them is
as simple as 'download a nice new uclibc-ready cross toolchain'.

Slind have some old (gcc 3.4 vintage) but working nicely tools, and
info on how to build them:
http://www.emdebian.org/docs/slind-toolchain.html

Simon Richter developed a uclibc package which simply slotted in to
the standard emdebian cross-compiler via the specs file, but we
recently agreed that cool as that was, it make more sense to specify a
new architecture and have correspdonding toolchains. Ther is a load of
patches for doing that here: (set of 6 patches)
http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-embedded@lists.debian.org/msg04628.html

However that is that parts you need to build a toolchain, not an
actrual built one. There will no doubt be some of those along shortly
but I'm not sure we've got any online.

People - does someone have ready-built toolchains lying about?

Principal hats:  iEndian - Balloonboard - Toby Churchill - Emdebian
http://wookware.org/