Re: ant rebooted

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 07:47:35PM +0100, Neil Williams wrote:

> When the current grip-cron.sh run finishes (which is now taking longer
> because of the lack of tmpfs), I will want to put a tmpfs
> into /etc/fstab for /org/emdebian/tmpfs and it really needs to be at
> least 512Mb, preferably 1Gb as that is the smallest that I've tested so
> far.

Hm, it could have been the tmpfs, but I'm not sure gripping packages is
a process that really leads to an active working set of > 500 MB. If
memory is full, tmpfs just degrades into a non-journalled file system in
swap space, after all.

After rebooting with 1.5 GB of RAM, whatever happened on this box still
made it touch swapspace (although only a few MB), so there was a point
where tmpfs contents and nonshared pages together exceeded that. Sounds
somewhat fishy to me.

Is it normal for grip-cron to take up that much space, or are there
special conditions to trigger it? After all, it should work on a
package-by-package basis IIRC.

   Simon