Re: preconfiguring with multistrap

On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 02:10:36 +0800
Andrew Lee <ajqlee@debian.org> wrote:

> Wookey wrote:
> > So I looked at ways to get it to not do that and allow a
> > fully-autoamted install.
> >
> > Putting random pre-generated files into the rootfs is easy with the
> > multistrap rootfs-config script, and we do quite a lot of that.
> >
> > preseeding seemed like a good idea but appears to only be a feature of
> > debian-installer, not a normal rootfs. So I'm not sure if there is a
> > way to use that?
>
> I tried this works on my computer:
> echo "emdebian-tools  emsetup/aptagent        boolean true" |
> debconf-set-selections
> echo "emdebian-tools  emsource/targetsuite    select  unstable" |
> debconf-set-selections
> DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get install emdebian-tools
>
> It installed without ask me to answer questions. :)

You've passed the defaults - it wouldn't be different if you used
DEBCONF_NONINTERACTIVE_SEEN=true which tells debconf to use the default
for all questions without ever asking.

Your example does support selecting aptitude or testing, so is still
worth putting on the Debian Wiki somewhere.

Remember to set the LANG variables etc. for all the perl code to run
without nuisance messages.