Re: preconfiguring with multistrap

Wookey wrote:
> So I looked at ways to get it to not do that and allow a
> fully-autoamted install.
>
> Putting random pre-generated files into the rootfs is easy with the
> multistrap rootfs-config script, and we do quite a lot of that.
>
> preseeding seemed like a good idea but appears to only be a feature of
> debian-installer, not a normal rootfs. So I'm not sure if there is a
> way to use that?

I tried this works on my computer:
echo "emdebian-tools  emsetup/aptagent        boolean true" |
debconf-set-selections
echo "emdebian-tools  emsource/targetsuite    select  unstable" |
debconf-set-selections
DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get install emdebian-tools

It installed without ask me to answer questions. :)

-Andrew