Re: avoiding emsecondstage in crush for second target board

On Sat, 2009-09-12 at 00:51 +0200, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> Quoting "hoefle marco" <marco.hoefle@nanotronic.ch>:
> > So with qemu-arm-static there is no need to make a qemu image first? And
> > also you don't have to boot a real linux kernel?
>
> Exactly. Very handy.
>
> (There are some funny artefacts in the chroot: uname -r says 2.6.30-1-686,
> which is correct, because one has a 686 kernel. uname -m says armv5tel,
> which is also correct, because we are using an arm binary of uname.)

Hi Martin,
I am trying your approach. I found a how to here:
http://wiki.debian.org/QemuUserEmulation

On my Host PC bash is the default shell.
My aim is to execute dpkg -i *.deb after "change rooting" to the target
fs. chroot complains that it cannot execute /bin/bash:

hoefle@wks02-lin:/media/ext3_data/projects/hasler/emdebian_eval/qemu-arm/em_rootfs$ sudo chroot .
chroot: cannot run command `/bin/bash': No such file or directory

I don't have bash on the emdebian crush filesystem (limited space).
But for a test I made a link in ./qemu-arm/em_rootfs/bin/ to busybox
named bash. It still cannot find the executable. Also according to the
chroot man page it should be possible to do something like that: sudo
chroot ./em_rootfs/ /usr/bin/dpkg -i package.deb

I get also a cannot run command...

Do you know if I miss a step (libraries etc.)?

Thanks and greetings to Knut,
Marco