Re: avoiding emsecondstage in crush for second target board

On Thu, 2009-09-10 at 13:54 +0200, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> Quoting "hoefle marco" <marco.hoefle@nanotronic.ch>:
> > The debian qemu package is 0.10.6-1. So in Ubuntus 0.11.0 is also an
> > qemu-arm-static or do you think qemu-arm could be used as well?
>
> You really need the "qemu-arm-static" package. It seems, Ubuntu changes
> the location of the package on a daily base. Today it is here:
> http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/q/qemu-kvm/
>
> The cool thing of "qemu-arm-static" is, that you can just chroot on a
> i386 system into an armel system. If you now call a binary (bash, gcc,
> apt-get, whatever) qemu is used automagically for every single command.
Hello Martin,
thanks for your hints, I found a solution (not very elegant up to now).
In the standard Debian qemu package is qemu-system-arm which I am using
now.
I'll boot a Kernel together with the "qemuanized" embedded root
filesystem. Once qemu-system-arm is up I can install the required
packages. Afterwards I convert the image back to a subdir from which I
make the JFFS2 image.
So with qemu-arm-static there is no need to make a qemu image first? And
also you don't have to boot a real linux kernel?
Cheers and Grüsse aus Bern,
Marco