Re: Where to find Emdebian Grip 1.0 ?

Hi,

2009/9/4 Ivan Stoimenov <stoimenov_80@yahoo.com>:
> I read this page http://www.emdebian.org/grip several times, and I must
> admit that very little is clear to me, so I am asking again:
> Is there some .iso file or similar, like for other debian distributions, and
> if it exists where can I download it?
> Or installation of emdebian is much complicated than usual distributions if
> such file doesn't exists?

Try to CC: debian-embedded@lists.debian.org, maybe there is people
with same issues as yours. And you can get help from many people :-)

Emdebian grip is not an iso distribution that you download, you need
to be a little familiar with Debian itself. In the relevant webpage,
you can find information on how you get the packages (via debootstrap,
debian-installer, emsandbox, ...)

If you are a Debian user (or derivative), you can use debootstrap
method to pull all the packages you need to a rootfs (this is native):

$ mkdir grip/
$ sudo debootstrap lenny grip/ http://www.emdebian.org/grip/
$ sudo chroot ./grip/
(Then you get an emdebian shell on your host)

Note that this only works for native, if you need other architectures
different from yours, then you need to use emulation (something like
qemu to be able to chroot, scratchbox does that easily for you) or you
can NFS export or try to run your cross rootfs in the target itself. I
am afraid I am not making much sense for you, am I?

Happy hacking ! :-)
--
 Héctor Orón