Re: package requests for grip

Just curious if another approach would work for you.  I build RFS file systems from plain debian and spend a little time writing a small (dumb) script to remove stuff such as apt caches and man pages.  Just for kicks, I downloaded the packages you wanted onto my test ARM board, that has a debian RFS mounted via NFS.  I then ran my slimming down script and made a JFFS2 file system image.  Unless I mucked it up somewhere
(i didnt go back and actually  try all the software you wanted), the RFS ends up being 192 MB, the JFFS2 image about 80 MB.  Easily fits in your 128MB flash. The whole exercise from scratch to a complete RFS should not take more then an hour.

Cheers

Gertjan