Re: Ideas for use of dpkg-vendor

Hi,

2009/5/22 Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org>
? Examples ?

Not real case, but you might want to do something similar to

Package: libgconf-noldap-2-4 [arm,mips]
Whitelist: ldap
Optional: yes

Package: libgconf-2-4
Blacklist: ldap
Optional: yes

so that is only true for those arches, keeping the rest unaware. As suggested, also having such change might imply lots of complexity while trying to resolve dependencies if package name is changed. Or am I in a different track? :-?

I'm expecting Emdebian Crush to be the same for each architecture, just
as Debian is. That also means making the system simple enough that
Crush can not only provide more architectures but also quite a few more
packages.

Yes, i think that is the way to go, but also from my point of view, Crush needs a deeper though on solving things as if we use a keep current workflow or change to a sysroot environment or if we adapt it to work in the multiarch terms. Maybe during DC could have some discussion? :-)

Cheers
--
Héctor Orón