Re: arm-linux-gnu-* vs arm-linux-*

On Sun, May 03, 2009 at 10:18:50AM +0530, தங்கமணி அருண் wrote:

> > I am compiling qt 4 embedded for arm. The makespecs of Qt 4 uses
> > arm-linux-*
> > while dpkg-cross' uses arm-linux-gnu-*. So, I need to make a change
> > somewhere
> > to make things work.
>

> create links for all "arm-linux-gnu-* files as  " arm-linux-*" inside the
> /usr/bin/ dir.
>
> so Qt4 will refer as it is.

ewww.  that sounds like a terrible idea.  qt should be using whatever it
is told to for the toolchain prefix, not making up something itself.

> Do not mess yourself.

Amen to that.  And don't let qt mess yourself either.  If you can't tell
it what the correct prefix is and have it use that, then they need to fix
that so you can.  This could be arm-linux-uclibc-*, or any of many other
valid permutations.  You can't symlink them all to arm-linux-* ...  nor
should you.

Cheers,
Ron