Re: [Emdebian] excessive dependencies

+++ Neil Williams [2009-04-21 21:23 +0100]:
> On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 21:54:00 +0200
> Hector Oron <hector.oron@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's bad enough that xauth depends on cpp (Crush avoids this problem
> but Grip is stuck with it).

And alsa-utils depends on python so it's impossible to install an alsa
mixer (even a comand-line based one like amixer) without 20Mb of
python). Room for imprevement there I think. We are rapidly heading
for a world where you always get python _and_ perl in any non-trivial
system.

Actually I might make my primary task at debconf this year fixing some
of these most egregious dependencies.

Principal hats:  iEndian - Balloonboard - Toby Churchill - Emdebian
http://wookware.org/