Re: Building rootfs for arm target

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 15:32:39 -0300
Amandeep Bhullar <arm.debian@gmail.com> wrote:

> It downloads and unpacks the packages, and comes with an error like this
> (last few lines)
> -> running debootstrap
> -> cross detected, using foreign
> -> copying local configuration
> -> Installing apt-lines for http://buildd.emdebian.org/emdebian/
> cp: cannot stat '/usr/share/emdebian-tools/emsecondstage' No such file or
> directory.

You've done something wrong with your Debian setup, that file is
included in the emdebian-rootfs package:

$ dpkg -L emdebian-rootfs|grep emsecondstage
/usr/share/emdebian-tools/emsecondstage

(emdebian-rootfs 1.9.0)

It was always thus, 1.6.0 (the version in testing) has it too:

http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/all/emdebian-rootfs/filelist

The version in Lenny also:

http://packages.debian.org/lenny/all/emdebian-rootfs/filelist

> Did I miss any stteps in between installing emdebian-rootfs and the command
> $ sudo emsandbox -a arm --create?

No.