Re: Building rootfs for arm target

Hi Aman

I've tried the same thing, just works fine, as you can see below:

roger@freakshow:~$ sudo emsandbox -a arm --create
Creating an embootstrap arm chroot
Building arm chroot on i386 to install arm packages.
Checking for a user writeable tree in /home/roger/pbuilder/build
 -> running debootstrap
  -> cross detected, using foreign.
DEBOOTSTRAP_DIR=/usr/share/debootstrap/ debootstrap  --verbose --foreign
--arch arm unstable /home/roger/pbuilder/build
http://buildd.emdebian.org/emdebian/ /usr/lib/emdebian-tools/emdebian.crossd
I: Extracting zlib1g...
I:  -> Preparing basic defaults for /home/roger/pbuilder/build/etc
I: Adding a /usr/sbin/update-rc.d shell script
roger@freakshow:~$

What is your target suite defined in /etc/emsandbox.conf ?

# config file for emsandbox, part of emdebian-rootfs.
# /etc/emsandbox.conf is maintained by debconf.
# see emsandbox (1) for more information
#
workingdir:
targetsuite: unstable

Currently it seems, that the armel architecture core is broken...
This is more appropriate for a arm926 based device.

roger@freakshow:~$ sudo emsandbox -a armel --create
Creating an embootstrap armel chroot
Building armel chroot on i386 to install armel packages.
Checking for a user writeable tree in /home/roger/pbuilder/build
 -> running debootstrap
  -> cross detected, using foreign.
DEBOOTSTRAP_DIR=/usr/share/debootstrap/ debootstrap  --verbose --foreign
--arch armel unstable /home/roger/pbuilder/build
http://buildd.emdebian.org/emdebian/ /usr/lib/emdebian-tools/emdebian.crossd
I: Retrieving Release
I: Retrieving Packages
I: Validating Packages
I: Resolving dependencies of required packages...
I: Resolving dependencies of base packages...
I: Checking component main on http://buildd.emdebian.org/emdebian...
E: Couldn't find these debs: util-linux dhcp3-client libnewt0.52
libdebian-installer4 cdebconf makedev whiptail mktemp zlib1g apt
libncurses5 libstdc++6 libc6 busybox mount libreadline5 debianutils gpgv
initscripts libgcc1 base-files module-init-tools base-passwd libslang2
gnupg udev dpkg

I will check that soon...

Regards
Roger