Re: [RFC] [Cross Toolchain] Multiarch and sysrooted toolchain

Hello,

> The toolchain does not yet look in all the right places. Neither for
> the multiarch nor the corss-compile way of putting the prefix. It is
> in a state where both ways are used and neither is complete enough for
> a full system.

So, would it be fine to send an addendum to multiarch[1] document
taking into account cross environments?

In case, we write up that file, preferred way for cross environments
would be a sysroot <DIR>, where in multiarch do we fit our cross <DIR>
? Or we should just go for the splitted <DIR>/* option (which won't be
useful until multiarch is ready) ?

>From cross toolchain point of view, i would suggest to stay with
upstream maintainers layout, which would require a change on
dpkg-cross, moving
<DIR>/include into <DIR>/usr/include, that way we would be able to export <DIR>.

Regards

[1] http://lackof.org/taggart/hacking/multiarch/

--
 Héctor Orón