Re: I can't install Emdebian Grip

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 16:22:11 +0700
Kurenyshev Vjacheslav <v.kurenyshev@oao.kuzbass.net> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I download net install image, Lenny.
>
> I tried to install emdebian grip in Virtual Box.
>

> Official Debian 5.0 installer
>
> Boot from the USB stick. From the Debian Installer menu, select Advanced
> Options and move the cursor to either Automated Install or Graphical
> automated install but do not hit ENTER. Press TAB to configure the
> automated install configuration. A command line is now offered - keep
> everything that is already specified and add:
>
> url=http://www.emdebian.org/d-i/lenny/preseed.cfg
>

> A process of installation is interrupted  after the computer obtains an
> ip address from DHCP.

http://www.emdebian.org/grip/#preseeding
The installation page has been updated:

There is also a change within the official 5.0 installer that prevents
the Emdebian Grip packages being installed cleanly.

The sequence of packages that are installed in the official release
requires coreutils to be installed before sed or gcc-4.3-base which
defeats the measures taken to get grip-config into place. (The new
sequence appears alphabetical instead of a fixed sequence.) Steps to
fix:

Execute a shell inside d-i, after the failure.

~ # chroot /target/
sh-3.2# wget http://www.emdebian.org/d-i/grip-config.deb
sh-3.2# dpkg --unpack grip-config.deb
sh-3.2# exit
~ # exit

> After that I do other steps manually from the menu. Finally, I get usual
> Debian.

Emdebian is Debian - the difference is mainly down to the installation
of grip-config and the use of the Emdebian repository.

There is nothing to indicate that you are running Emdebian Grip other
than the version suffix em[0-9] and the repository (shown in apt-cache
policy).

> I also tried
> Other installation methods.
>
> daily builds and auto-install (> 1.3)

You need a different image for that method - the official Lenny
installer has had this support removed.

http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/