Re: Issues with Emdebian Grip Installation

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 14:29:45 -0800
Kushal Koolwal <kushalkoolwal@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, I tried the entire process again and I got the same "Installation Step" failed error.

> Also I looked at my syslog file (See attachments) and it seems that one of the "first" error occurs while installing one of the deb packages from emdebian.org. See line 1753 in syslog:
> *******************************
> Feb 24 21:29:11 in-target: install-info(/usr/share/info/coreutils.info):
> Feb 24 21:29:11 in-target: dpkg: error processing coreutils (--configure):
> Feb 24 21:29:11 in-target:  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
> Feb 24 21:29:11 in-target: Errors were encountered while processing:
> *******************************
>
> and after that there are many errors (expected).

The pre-seeding hasn't worked.

Looks like the net-installer isn't such a good recommendation after
all.

Try the USB stick method instead whilst we work on the alternatives.

> Here is my /proc/cmdline:
> auto=true priority=critical video=vesa:ywrap,mtrr vga=788 initrd=/install.386/gtk/initrd.gz url=http://www.emdebian.org/d-i/lenny/preseed.cfg -- quiet  BOOT_IMAGE=/install.386/vmlinuz
>
> Please let me know if you need more information.

I'll update the website to deprecate the net-installer for now.

http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/