Dedicating Emdebian Grip 1.0 to Thiemo Seufer

I propose to dedicate the first ever release of Emdebian to be
available on MIPS to the memory of Thiemo Seufer - just as Debian has
dedicated Lenny to Thiemo.

I'm preparing the release announcement for Grip and Crush (basing it
closely on the Debian Lenny release announcement which has just been
posted to the debian-i18n list for translation).

I know it's last minute and that Grip was only an idea when Thiemo died
but I feel it is right to mark the passing of someone so important to
MIPS and Emdebian.

Crush will, unless otherwise requested, be undedicated because it is
only available for ARM and is such a difficult beast to use. ;-)

It now looks inevitable that Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 "lenny" will release
on Saturday - whilst I'm at work. So, I'll be making the release of
Emdebian GNU/Linux Grip 1.0 and Emdebian GNU/Linux Crush 1.0 on
Saturday evening, 14th February 2009.

I'll also be migrating the current toolchain packages in testing into
stable and I will be migrating the current Emdebian TDebs in the locale
repository into stable.

As part of the release changes, I'll modify various pages so that Crush
becomes uniformly available and described under the "crush/" directory
and available via the http://www.emdebian.org/crush/ repository. The old
"packages/" structure will be removed at some point later. All
subsequent documentation on Crush will use to the new URL.

The full release titles are:

Emdebian GNU/Linux Grip 1.0 (based on Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 "lenny").

Emdebian GNU/Linux Crush 1.0 (based on Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 "lenny").

The short release names are:

Emdebian Grip 1.0 (lenny)
Emdebian Crush 1.0 (lenny)

The "common" names for the releases are:

Emdebian Grip or Grip lenny
Emdebian Crush or Crush lenny.

Please use these names if promoting the releases elsewhere.

Emdebian will continue to use the Grip and Crush titles for future
releases and will continue to use the unstable, testing and stable
suite names. Future releases are intended to continue following Debian
in the codenames (lenny, squeeze etc.) and be tied firmly to
Debian release schedules.