Re: failure on testing emdebian grip

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 21:49:43 +0100
Jelle de Jong <jelledejong@powercraft.nl> wrote:

> > grip-config does all that for you.

grip-config v0.0.4em1 misses a dependency on apt, fixed in SVN. I'll
update the package in the repository later. I may tweak the postinst
too so that it checks for apt-key anyway.

> First, all the above info for setting the keys and repos is to install
> debootstrap on my install environment running in RAM, it is irrelevant
> for the error but i wanted to post all that i did.
>
> chroot /mnt/debinst/
>
> dpkg --configure -a
> Setting up grip-config (0.0.4em1) ...
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/grip-config.postinst: line 6: apt-key: command not
> found dpkg: error processing grip-config (--configure):

apt-key is part of the apt package, hence the dependency addition
described above.

>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 127
> Setting up gcc-4.3-base (4.3.2-1em1) ...
> ln: accessing `/usr/share/doc/gcc-4.3-base/.copyright': No such file
> or directory

That only happens because grip-config was not properly installed.

> I think there is an bug in the gcc-4.3-base package ;-p

Yes, there is but due to the Lenny freeze, it cannot be fixed - hence
grip-config.

--
Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org>