Re: Installation errors generated for embedded-tools on Lenny: libc6-dev-i386 but it is not installable

On Mon, 2008-06-23 at 00:47 +0800, Deyang wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am relatively new to embedded debian and I am trying to create a
> working toolchain for myself on a arm board.
>
> Previous I did and installing of embedded tools and it was working
> fine. But recently I did an dist-upgrade and it upgrade the embedded
> tools which generated and installation error.
>
> Initially i formatted my computer and reinstall everything and the
> message generated was:

>   emdebian-tools: Depends: libc6-dev-i386 but it is not installable
> E: Broken packages
>

> If i am not wrong libc6-dev-i386 is meant for amd but i am on a intel
> dual core i686.
>
> Can anyone advise me on this issue?

Well it was added for correct support in the autobuilder but it's not
working properly.

I'm going to have to find a different solution for 1.2.2 - probably
something in the build-deps code.

--
Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org>