Re: Eureka!(?) coreutils a PPC binary?

On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 12:21 -0700, p wrote:
> I just did file on runlevel in the first stage directory and got
>
> sbin/runlevel: ELF 32-bit MSB executable, PowerPC or cisco 4500, version
> 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.6.8, dynamically linked (uses shared libs),
> stripped

That is something that the old emdebuild build checks missed but which
the new lintian tests would detect. However, because of problems with
libgcc1 from gcc-4.3, I am unable to upload the fixed package.

HOWEVER, I don't think you should be using coreutils at all - we need an
update in busybox to support stat but the same problem, I can't upload a
fixed package.

> While doing file on fdisk (randomly chosen) got me
>
> sbin/fdisk: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1, for GNU/Linux
> 2.6.12, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped
>
> Sound like a likely suspect?

Yes.

--
Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org>