Re: emdebian.gpe build fails - help please.

On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 18:47 -0700, p wrote:

> dbus
> x11-common
> fontconfig-config

Are these your own packages or ones for ARM from emdebian.org ?

I'm pretty sure that I've fixed each of these packages - most are
problems with the postinst scripts. (I'll probably add a lintian check
for f|grep -x as it seems to be a common problem.)

Unfortunately, I cannot upload the fixes because gcc-4.3 still doesn't
build and the new packages depend on libgcc1 built from gcc-4.3 sources.
i.e. the fix exists but makes things worse by preventing you from
creating the root filesystem image in the first place.

You can edit postinst scripts on the device and work around things to
make some progress on your device - look in /var/lib/dpkg/info.

You need to edit the libc6 postinst too - although dpkg hasn't
complained at the end, it did complain in the middle:

Setting up libc6 (2.7-4em1) ...
/usr/sbin/invoke-rc.d: /usr/sbin/invoke-rc.d: 274: /sbin/runlevel: not
found
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libc6.postinst: /var/lib/dpkg/info/libc6.postinst:
387: stat: not found

udev also complained about stat - that's a pending issue in busybox.

Other errors from the log:
Setting up libx11-6 (2:1.0.3-7em1) ...
fgrep: invalid option -- x

Setting up x11-common (1:7.3+6em1) ...
fgrep: invalid option -- x
/var/lib/dpkg/info/x11-common.postinst: /var/lib/dpkg/info/x11-common.postinst: 924: cannot create /var/lib/x11/Xwrapper.config.roster: Directory nonexistent

Setting up dbus (1.1.2-1em1) ...
/usr/sbin/invoke-rc.d: /usr/sbin/invoke-rc.d: 274: /sbin/runlevel: not
found
Starting system message bus: dbusstart-stop-daemon: unknown user name:
messagebus
invoke-rc.d: initscript dbus, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error processing dbus (--configure):

It looks like you will need to use the machine:variant support to
customise the root filesystem to create things like the extra groups and
correct invoke-rc.d etc.

Once the postinst has been edited, run dpkg --configure for the package
concerned or use -a if you think you've fixed them all.