RE: can't get install to work

I decided to try emdebian and after installing the tools I ran the apt update to pull some files. During that process I also upgrade some host files and after some time I noticed I'm pulling sid repository when it should not be. I looked at my sources list and they are pointed to the correct location (primarily testing) and so did the apt-cross source list. Nonetheless it was still pulling from unstable and haven't figured out how that happened. I eventually purged my system of the emdebian tools and try to get it back to where it was. I'm still having problems with my system sound and I'm not sure when I'll know what went wrong with it.
I don't have any detailed info on this but after seeing this email I can't help but wonder if they are related, maybe / maybe not.
Has this happened before?
Is their a way to force an apt-get "upgrade" that would infact be a "downgrade"?

Jr.