RE: can't get install to work

On Sat, 2008-03-29 at 17:22 -0800, Junior wrote:

> I decided to try emdebian and after installing the tools I ran the apt
> update to pull some files. During that process I also upgrade some
> host files and after some time I noticed I'm pulling sid repository
> when it should not be. I looked at my sources list and they are
> pointed to the correct location (primarily testing)

1. With a clean testing sources list, this was fixed in 0.8.1 - which
version are you running?

2. With a mixed testing sources list, it depends on which sources are
using unstable.

3. The solution in a mixed environment is to ensure that you have a
primary mirror already in your sources list, then reconfigure
emdebian-tools so that it removes the primary mirror it needed to add.

http://linux.codehelp.co.uk/emdebian/man/re01.html

> #
>
> Installation changes
>
>     /etc/apt/sources.list.d/emdebian.sources.list : Provides the apt
> source for the Emdebian toolchain repository so that your
> cross-building toolchains can be installed and updated automatically.
>
>     emdebian-tools also needs to be able to query apt cache data from
> a Debian mirror that supports all cross-building architectures - these
> repositories are called 'primary mirrors' in Debian.
> If /etc/apt/sources.list does not contain a primary Debian mirror,
> this file will include the default primary mirror for emdebian-tools:
> ftp.uk.debian.org. If you prefer to use a closer or faster primary
> mirror, please refer to the Debian Mirror List
> http://www.debian.org/mirror/list and add your preferred primary
> mirror to /etc/apt/sources.list, run 'apt-get update', then use
> 'dpkg-reconfigure emdebian-tools' to
> update /etc/apt/sources.list.d/emdebian.sources.list. At least one
> primary mirror, as defined on the DML page, must be available to use
> emdebian-tools.
>

> I don't have any detailed info on this

The detailed information you needed to include was just a complete list
of your sources - apt-cache policy.