Re: gcc-4.2 and gcc-4.3 powerpc on an intel lenny host

Hector Oron wrote:
2008/3/13, Brendan Simon <Brendan@brendansimon.com>:
Hector Oron wrote:
 > 2008/3/12, Brendan Simon <Brendan@brendansimon.com>:
I had a quick look at these.  I see errors relating to gcj and lib64.
 Do you know if you can limit the build, or split the build, so that it
 can successfully build for gcc and g++ only, and for 32 bit only ???

Yes, that is posible. If I got some time, i'll look at it, but if you
do it before me, please send a patch to the list with changes. :-)

Ok I will have a look at it.
Are there any other packages that do a similar thing?
Are there any hints, tips or suggestions off the top of your head on how to approach this? Would this mean creating completely separate packages (I've never created a debian package before).

 What version is emdebian concentrating on the most?  4.3, 4.2 or 4.1,
 or some combination ???

Emdebian aims to sync Debian version, so Debian is concentrating on
4.3, so we are. Please, read
http://people.debian.org/~terpstra/message/20080229.173035.10b575f8.es.html

OK.  Will do.

Brendan.