RE: Experience with LH7A404 ?

> Currently I am working on a new (Solar/Wind) project and have the need
> for a selfmade controller for which I am searching a Micro-Controller.
>
> I like to use the LH7A404 from <http://www.nxp.com/> (Philips Semicond.)
> which is based on a ARM922T (I have already downloaded the Techical
> Reference for it) and like to know, whether someone of you has an
> experience with this Micro-Controller...
>
> I like to use ARM-Based Emdebian in a CF-Card or NV SRAM to get better
> updates or features in it.  Using a Dallas Semiconductor DS80C411 would
> be nicer because its integrated Serial/Ethernet interfaces plus Web-
> Server but it need a proprietary programmation (TINIOS use 33
> instructions) and can not realy enhanced since Keil's C-Compiler is
> non-free and PythonMQ does not more exist.
>
> I have tried SDCC (which is in Debian), but it crash all the thime (at
> least on my TP570 with a P2/366 and 192 MB of memory)

If you have not gone to http://wiki.buici.com/wiki/Main_Page, I suggest you get the 2.6.18 patches from there. Their might be a later patch but I've based my port on the 6.18 release. Mine is pretty stable (from what I'm using), although I haven't develop on it much lately. I've never used the CF-card but I think the driver is there at some level, unless I'm mistaken. By the way, this used to be a Sharp chip but NXP bought it.

--Jr.